Thursday, June 23, 2011

Birthdays.

so I've found out today, that birthdays aren't all they are cracked up to be.

yesterday just happened to be mine.

when you're young, the suspense of a birthday is almost unbearable.
you cant wait to get to that day for the whole year, telling your mom maybe a thousand and two times what you are expecting to get that year, asking her for the moon and everything in between. requesting that you are served breakfast in bed like the Queen of Sheba, and for your mom to bake you the hardest cake receipt that you can think of....
                                                 .....of course... i didn't think this way... ;)
but anyway...

now that i am older, birthdays just aren't the same. i feel like nobody should make a big deal out of my birthday, I'm only turning 19...
if you think about it, saying HAPPY BIRTHDAY!, you are really just saying " hey you were born today 19 years ago, congrats on your mom birthing you..." you should really be thanking the mother and father that had that person who's birthday is today.

also, opening gifts in front of people.... it makes me uncomfortable.
now I'm not saying don't give me presents! by allllll means, do!
but i just don't like opening them in front of people.
i feel like i should be getting them something too.

presents....
having a job and having money to burn kinda ruins the whole... wanting something and not being able to have it concept.
its hard for my mom to find me something to get when i can do just that.
so then i get frustrated when i cant tell her what i want and she doesn't know what to get me either.
makes for a stressful conversation...I'm sure you understand.

but no worries my birthday was still a good one, just a little different than when i was young :)


                                    .................just food for thought..............

2 comments:

  1. It would have been SO much better if I was there... trust me. I LOVE YOU!!!!! Can't wait to get you MY present ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're too cute. you still think you are the queen of sheba. you and mom ha!! you're an old fart. just sayin :)
    love you

    ReplyDelete